Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC is offering free legal assistance to help you apply for naturalization. Download flyers about our upcoming workshop on August 26, 2017.
CHINESE | HINDI | KOREAN | VIETNAMESE | SPANISH | ENGLISH
BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? YOU QUALIFY IF YOU:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Lived in the U.S. as a green card holder for more than 5 years (3 years if married to U.S. citizen)
- Have been physically present in the U.S. for more than 2 .5 years (18 months if married to U.S. citizen)
- Can show you have good moral character
- Can speak, read and write basic English
- Can pass a test on the U.S. government and American history
You can VOTE and run for elected office. You won’t ever have to worry about being deported or losing your visa or Legal Permanent Resident status. You could bring your family living abroad to live in the United States more quickly. You will be eligible for a U.S. passport, making travel easy. You can apply for government jobs that requires U.S. citizenship.
CALL US FOR FREE HELP
Saturday, August 26, 2017 — 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
White Oak Community Recreation Center
1700 April Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Call (202) 393-3572 for an appointment