- Thoughts of suicide
- Depression or anxiety
- Problems with drugs and alcohol
988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. While some areas may be currently able to connect to the Lifeline by dialing 988, this dialing code will be available to everyone across the United States starting on July 16, 2022.
- EveryMind Crisis Prevention and Intervention specialists are available by phone, text and chat every hour of every day, and knowing that will save lives. The community can also look to EveryMind for mental health professionals who are prepared to talk about warning signs and ways that we all can help to prevent suicide from ending lives far too soon. Every suicide is a tragic loss, but when a public figure takes their own life, the ripples are felt by so many. Kate Spade’s passing earlier this week and Anthony Bourdain’s passing today are only two of the more than 7301 people who die by suicide each week and nearly 105 each day in America alone. Suicide can be prevented and YOU can help. You do not need to be a mental health professional, you can simply be a caring friend, neighbor and fellow human being. If you think someone may be considering suicide you can: ASK, KEEP THEM SAFE, BE THERE, HELP THEM CONNECT and FOLLOW UP.Suicide Prevention Awareness Month (SPAM) resources from NAMI
- Call or Text Montgomery County Hotline: 301.738.2255 or chat
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- American Association of Suicidology