Services for Children and Their Parents (Back to Top)
Child Welfare (+/-)
Pathway to ServicesA specialized access point that provides information on services and supports for children and their caregivers. (301)354-4910
Local Care TeamThis interagency team of public child-serving agencies along with a family representative come together once a week to problem solve how to best use local resources to keep the family intact, and to increase both adult and child/youth family members’ functioning. (301)354-4910
Montgomery County Youth Crisis HotlineConfidential and anonymous support by trained counselors, 24-hours. (301)738-9697
Core Service AgencyLocal mental health authority, responsible for the planning, management and monitoring of Public Mental Health Services. (240)777-1400
Montgomery County Mental Health Access TeamInformation and referral about outpatient mental health providers for residents who have Maryland Medical Assistance or no insurance. (240) 777-1770, (240)777-1236 (TTY)
Montgomery County 24 Hour Crisis CenterThe Crisis Center provides crisis services 24 hours a day/ 365 days a year. Walk-in 1301 Piccard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850 (240)777-4000
Public Schools Ask MCPS(301) 309-MCPS (6277) Hispanic Hotline, 301-230-3073; Chinese, 301-230-5428; French, 301-230-5429; Korean, 301-230-5430; Swahili, 301-230-5429; and Vietnamese, 301-230-5432 Gang Prevention Task Force (240)-773-GANG
Children And Youth With Special Health Care Needs Resource LocatorMaryland’s DHMH resource database for children and youth with special health care needs.
Children with Intensive Needs (Back to Top)Useful Information for Parents and Caregivers of Children with Intensive Needs
- Children with Intensive Needs (CWIN) Referral form Children and families must reside in Montgomery County to be eligible for services. [Los niÑos con alto necesidades in tensivas(CWIN) FORMA DE REFERENCIA PARA (AYUDA)
- NAMI/Montgomery County Provides education, advocacy and support services to persons with mental illness and their families and caregivers. (301)949-5852
- Linkages to Learning (240)777-1731 The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home, and community.
- Federation of Families (301) 681-8929 A family-run organization dedicated to helping family members who have children or youth with emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenge
- Autism Waiver Service coordination to children diagnosed with severe autism. (240) 777-1216
- HHS Disability Services Supports individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. (240)777-4625
- Children in Need of Supervision (CINS) A voluntary mental health program for children who needs guidance, treatment, or rehabilitation. (301)610-8515
Children and families must reside in Montgomery County in order to receive services from the Pathway to Services Office
Sites with Information on Services for Children with Intensive Needs
- Governor’s Office for Children Works collaboratively to create and promote an integrated, community-based service delivery system for Maryland’s children, youth and families.
- Maryland Child and Adolescent Innovations Institute Assists the State of Maryland, the Children’s Cabinet, the Governor’s Office for Children (GOC), Maryland jurisdictions, and the State’s child-serving agencies to support efforts in improving access, services and outcomes for families of children with intensive needs.
- Center of Excellence in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health The office is responsible for mental health services for children and adolescents within the Public Mental Health System.
- StateInteragency Coordinating Council Advise and assist the State Lead Agency in the development and implementation of policies that constitue the statewide system.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration(SAMHSA) SAMHSA works to improve the quality and availability of substance abuse prevention, alcohol and drug addiction treatment, and mental health services.
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) . The mission of NIMH is to reduce the burden of mental illness and behavioral disorders through research on mind, brain, and behavior.
- Maryland Department of Behavioral Health Administration Create and manage a coordinated, comprehensive, accessible, culturally sensitive, and age appropriate system of publicly funded services and supports for individuals who have psychiatric disorders
- Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) MCHP uses federal and state funds to provide health care coverage to low-income children up to age 19 and pregnant women of any age.
- Maryland State Department of Education Information about the divisions within the Maryland State Department of Education.
Recent News: Children With Intensive Needs – (See All)Presented here are articles of interest and information on local, statewide and national initiatives on programming for Children With Intensive Needs
- Need to talk? Call or Text 988
- Announcing Request for Proposals # 2023-77 Care Coordination Services using the Wraparound Approach
- September is National Suicide Prevention Month
- Announcing Open Solicitation #2022-75: Strategic Planning Consultant
- Announcing RE-ISSUE OPEN SOLICITATION #2019-68 Identifying Trainers/Facilitators for the Youth Development Community of Practice