Services for Children and Their Parents (Back to Top)
Children with Intensive Needs (Back to Top)Useful Information for Parents and Caregivers of Children with Intensive Needs
- Children with Intensive Needs (CWIN) Referral form Children and families must reside in Montgomery County to be eligible for services. Forma en español
- NAMI/Montgomery County Provides education, advocacy and support services to persons with mental illness and their families and caregivers. (301)949-5852
- Linkages to Learning (240)777-1731 The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home, and community.
- Federation of Families (301) 681-8929 A family-run organization dedicated to helping family members who have children or youth with emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenge
- Autism Waiver Service coordination to children diagnosed with severe autism. (240) 777-1216
- HHS Disability Services Supports individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. (240)777-4625
- Children in Need of Supervision (CINS) A voluntary mental health program for children who needs guidance, treatment, or rehabilitation. (301)610-8515
Children and families must reside in Montgomery County in order to receive services from the Pathway to Services Office
Sites with Information on Services for Children with Intensive Needs
- Governor’s Office for Children Works collaboratively to create and promote an integrated, community-based service delivery system for Maryland’s children, youth and families.
- Maryland Child and Adolescent Innovations Institute Assists the State of Maryland, the Children’s Cabinet, the Governor’s Office for Children (GOC), Maryland jurisdictions, and the State’s child-serving agencies to support efforts in improving access, services and outcomes for families of children with intensive needs.
- Child Mental Health Institute The office is responsible for mental health services for children and adolescents within the Public Mental Health System.
- StateInteragency Coordinating Council Advise and assist the State Lead Agency in the development and implementation of policies that constitue the statewide system.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration(SAMHSA) SAMHSA works to improve the quality and availability of substance abuse prevention, alcohol and drug addiction treatment, and mental health services.
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) . The mission of NIMH is to reduce the burden of mental illness and behavioral disorders through research on mind, brain, and behavior.
- Maryland Choices combines funding from multiple governmental entities and manages a process of support and services that are individualized around each child and family with intensive needs.
- Department of Health & Mental Hygiene/Mental Hygiene Administration Create and manage a coordinated, comprehensive, accessible, culturally sensitive, and age appropriate system of publicly funded services and supports for individuals who have psychiatric disorders
- Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP) MCHP uses federal and state funds to provide health care coverage to low-income children up to age 19 and pregnant women of any age.
- Maryland State Department of Education Information about the divisions within the Maryland State Department of Education.
Recent News: Children With Intensive Needs – (See All)Presented here are articles of interest and information on local, statewide and national initiatives on programming for Children With Intensive Needs
- Notice of Issuance for Request for Proposal: Evening Reporting Center for Juvenile Justice System Engaged Youth (Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2022)
- Preparing to Return to School
- Announcing Open Solicitation #2021-72: Identifying Vendors for Montgomery County Community Youth Support & Engagement Program Hubs
- Announcing RE-ISSUE OPEN SOLICITATION #2019-68 Identifying Trainers/Facilitators for the Youth Development Community of Practice
- La Iniciativa Deportiva Juvenil COVID-19 del Condado de Montgomery